From John Ailie, Stewardship Director:
"We thank all the individuals and businesses who participated in this year’s annual Matching Gift Campaign. A group of Special Friends of the Mission contributed a total of $30,000 to be matched by our donors. We are pleased to report that all the funds have been matched as of the end of June for a total of $60,000 raised to benefit the men and women in Hope Gospel Mission's programs. Thanks to God and to all of you who had a part in this very generous and successful project!"
Here's how your gift will be used:
- Food for the residents in our programs and others who come to our shelters for a meal;
- Comfortable living arrangements, including beds, blankets, pillows, hot showers, soaps, towels etc.
- Job training, including resume help, job coaching, and more;
- Education, such as learning to read, write, listen well, do math, and learning how to use a computer. Some of our residents even get their GEDs;
- Provide for the staff, including chaplains, resident managers, instructors and others to be there for the residents through every part of their journey while at Hope Gospel Mission.