The Solomon Learning Center, Hope Gospel Mission's center for education and job training for the community, recently moved to 2110 Western Avenue in Eau Claire.
Here are some benefits of moving to this more cost-effective location:
- Employees, visitors, and tutors no longer need to feed the meters or fight for a parking space.
- The new facility is right next door to Building Hope, which helps save on the cost of transporting residents from the Learning Center to their on-the-job training.
- The new facility is also nearly twice the size of our old space! Now when our financial advisor and chaplain want to meet with residents there is a separate, private space for this.
- Our old facility was in a basement. We now have windows in this new building. What a blessing! This has already lifted student morale.
- More tutors can be in our facility at one time.
- Thanks to your financial support, we have added a new employee who will be a job coach for our residents. He will be able to walk alongside our residents working at the Bargain Center and Building Hope and help them practice what they have learned in the SLC: to become the best employee they can be. He will also spend time in the classroom tutoring residents in any of the basic skills they are working on.
How you can help:
A financial gift to help us with the following:
Purchase 12 additional computers for our students.
Purchase needed educational materials (folders, books, binders, pens etc.).
Provide scholarships for our community students.
Do better outreach in our community so that more people are aware of the free or very low cost classes available at the Solomon Learning Center.
We invite HR professionals to come in and talk with our students. These sessions include what employers are looking for in the ideal candidate, interview do’s and don’ts, and feedback on applications and resumes. If you know an HR person interested in giving our students some tips let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a tutor! Learn more here.